Friday, December 12, 2008

Origins Vol.2 Electric Bugaloo...

Yeah, I'm making an effort to post twice in one calender week, up yours Flynn. Actually I'm not making much of an effort. I work in a series of random delusions, and when it suits me, I get up on here...

I have this revolving portion of a playlist on the rebirth of the kool (my IPod) that I keep playing over and over like a soundtrack. This happens from time to time where I just stick to one thing for long periods. Such was the case when Erykah Badu's last record came out, I listened to it non-stop for two and a half weeks...speaking of that, yo E, where's the new one, you said it would be out by now, but my ears ain't heard shit. Wha's happenin'?..

But I've been running through this set-- "Learning to Hunt" by Guided by Voices, "Beggin'" by Madcon, "Run to the Sun" by NERD, "Lost in a Supermarket" by the Clash and "Get Me" by Everything But the Girl and its starting to sound like a biography. Sometimes I let "Northern Sky" by Nick Drake bleed in and if there is time (and there should always be time) I skip to "Demon Sweat" by Ween and "Staralfur" by Sigur Ros, who I love for no other reason then they craft epics that sound like some beautiful gibberish (Check "Saeglopur" where the lyrics are actually an Icelandic nonsense language called Hopelandic, utterly special)...

The playlist itself, Space Out, bore its beginnings from a failed trip to Montauk that found me at Robert Moses State Park, paralyzed, and unable to drive, not because of lack of faculty, but because I completely forgot how. That's all I'm willing say about it at this point. Things have been different in my head since then, for good or bad remains to be seen, let's just leave it at that...

I'll be making some changes to Space Out as a whole, but that central component will stay undisturbed as a centerpiece, I just need to find the pieces around it. It could very well be the beginning of my first tape since Return of the 22 from Summer 2006...

Don't worry if it doesn't make sense, its not supposed to, at least to you. My goal is to make you think I'm nutcakes, because I am--as far as you know, and that's how I like it...

Good falafel today from the place below the LIRR tracks in the FHills, coming straight out of Rego has its advantages...

No comments: