Saturday, April 23, 2011

letting the universe decide...

Plush is a decent venue for a a local show in Tucson. after a recent renovation the stage and viewing are more symbiotic, but overall, the ambiance has suffered with the installation of a warp-around bar that causes a bottle neck to the stage area and the removal of the stage are bar facilitate leaving a performance to get a Guinness. i haven't been here long, but during my several visits prior to my relocation, i had grown to dig the place. now, not so much. i still think its a fine place to see a show, and Mostly Bears was good, even with the stand-in drummer...

after the show the Cat Mom and i struggled over having another Guinness and being semi-social with Boy-Wonder from the gym and his ex-girlfriend and her family (apparently the family that parties together stays together)—CM coined her shrinky-dink and its difficult to explain just how much that was a perfect assessment. i will say that her face was involved and you can take it from there...

anyways...

we continued to waffle, i am perpetually looking for my next Guinness so it wouldn't be a stretch for me stay for the sake of strength and the Cat Mom often leaves these precious decisions in my hands to grapple with—the agony...

then came a song on the P.A. that sounded familiar, it was difficult to fully discern over the din of the ultra-cool. the Cat Mom turned to me and asked, 'Is that 'Easy Lover'?'...

i walked back to the performance area to get a better ear and it turns out that it was not. i returned to the Cat Mom and told her so, adding that all things being equal since its not 'Easy Lover' that we should step with no delay...

sometimes you have to let the universe decide...



i am fully aware that this song was released only as a single and on the 1984 Chinese Wall LP from Philip Bailey, although the person who posted this video doesn't seem to think so...

3 comments:

Jack Flynn said...

And so begins the Phil Collins block of music as I pursue my daily Internet activities. I was at a karaoke joint last night and would've been very happy to belt out a Collins tune.

TW said...

May I suggest 'I Missed Again' from Face Value. 'I Don't Care Anymore' from Hello, I Must Be Going and 'Lonely Man on the Corner' although technically Genesis tune, Abacab is more of a Collins-esque record than a Genesis record.

Next time I'm in New York we can do Easy Lover, no worries, I'll do the Philip Bailey vocal.

Jack Flynn said...

Panties would spontaneously drop from LIC to Rockaway with that combination.